[Advaita-l] (no subject)

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 04:43:17 EDT 2017

Namaste Chandramouliji,

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 2:04 PM, H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Reg  << unless your statement is "shakti is synonymous with brahman
> itself">>,
>

> No, I am definitely not saying that.

​Then​, I was also saying that shakti is same as Maya; I do not know how
that came off any different earlier.

> Reg  << Similarly,Maya can neither be separated from brahman, nor can it
> exist apart from brahman, but brahman is not Maya.>>,
>

> In my understanding, << Similarly,>> is not correct. Rest of it is
> correct. In respect of तेजसः उष्णवत्, both tejas and ushna enjoy the same
> level of Reality. Not so with Brahman and mAyA. They enjoy different levels
> of Reality. Hence similarity between the two statements does not exist.

​All examples have that limitation, there's nothing different about such an
objection to "similarity". Anyway, the discussion on this is unnecessary
since you did not make the above statement of shakti = brahman.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */
​