[Advaita-l] Regarding Padmanabhaswamy

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 18 06:27:19 EDT 2017

Kalyanji,
Yes, there are many idols which are different from each other. But in case of Ranganatha and Padmanabha idols, both are in the state of Yoga Nidra. I am wondering if there can be multiple ways of depicting Yoga Nidra. Further, I am not certain if there is another temple dedicated to Ananta sleeping on a serpent Shesha except the Ranganatha temple (3 temples, I think) and the Trivandrum temple. If there is, then there is possibly a reference in Agamas as to how the idol should be designed?