[Advaita-l] 'I do not know' is bhāvarūpa ajnana

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jun 13 04:33:43 EDT 2017

>     In short, shAstra vAkya janita jnana is something like theoretical knowledge of swimming and samAdhi is diving in the water and ‘swimming’ a practical knowledge of ‘art of swimming’ ☺ Hence in some vyAkhyAnakAra’s work there is an interval between jnana prApti and mOksha / sAkshAtkAra.

Do you agree with above vyAkhyAnakAra’s view points ? :)
praNAms
Hare Krishna

Ø   No, how can I ?? ☺  With regard to this shankara makes some interesting observations in samanvayAdhikaraNa sUtra bhAshya.  The mukti according to bhAshyakAra is nothing but complete eradication of ignorance and no more and it would happen through vedAnta vAkya janita jnAna.  jnAnOtpatti itself is mOksha and there is no interval between jnAnOtpatti and subsequent mOksha.  And there is no ‘effort’ required to be put between jnAnOtpatti / paramArtha jnAna and realization / mukti.  Shankara gives the example of ‘tishtan gAyati’ and clarifies in this act it is conclusive that there is no action intervening between the act of standing and singing.
Also, do you know, in which of the vyAkhyAnakAra’s works, it is so mentioned ?

Ø     Don’t remember the exact reference.  If I am right Sri SSS talking about one of the vyAkhyAnakAra-s from the bhAmati school.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar