[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** RE: 'I do not know' is bhāvarūpa ajnana

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jun 13 00:49:26 EDT 2017

//However, the last three limbs, dhAraNa, dhyAna and samAdhi, have a different connotation in the Gita.//

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Yes, this is what Sri SSS wants to highlight while agreeing with first five limbs of patanjala’s ashtAnga yOga.  It is in this light only Sri SSS denotes vedAnta’s one of the direct sAdhana-s i.e. nidhidhyAsana is NOT the patanjali’s method of dhyAna.  adhyAtma yOga is an another work apart from geeta shAstrartha vivekaH which discusses this based on geeta’s 6th chapter and katha shruti.

He also observes in another work that according to some vyAkhyAnakAra shravaNa and manana means dhAraNa and nidhidhyAsana is dhyAna and darshana means samAdhi / brahma sAkshAtkAra ( the  materialization or actualization of the ultimate reality).  And this brahma sAkshAtkAra would remove the prapancha sAkshAtkAra (the dualistic world).  Prapancha rahita brahma sAkshAtkAra in the nirvikalpa samAdhi is the core teaching of this vyAkhyAna.

Anyway, Sri Subbu prabhuji, kindly pardon me, this is my last mail to you with regard to this.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar