[Advaita-l] Without Shakti, Brahman has no role

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jun 1 08:25:41 EDT 2017

if you accept even Iswara also  is Avidyaa Ashraya just like ordinary Jeeva is Avidyaa Ashraya.  Avidyaa and Maayaa are one and the same. SSS cannot justify they are different.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yat sarvajnaM sarvashakti brahma nitya shuddha mukta svabhAvaM shAreeraat adhikaM anyat tat vayaM jagataH srashtru brUmaH ...Ishwarasya ...nitya nivruttAvidyatvAt... If we know the meaning of nitya shuddhatva of Ishwara we dare not to attribute avidyA to Ishwara even in the form of shuddha sattva guNa as avidyA to Ishwara.

Sri SSS is not saying this but bhAshyakAra himself.  And the difference between mAyA and avidyA is not an exclusive contribution of Sri SSS some vyAkhyAnakAra-s too taken the saMyukta pada between mAya and avidyA and clarified mAyA is anna and avidyA is visha.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar