[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 13:22:05 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 10:45 PM, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 10:02 PM, Aditya Kumar via Advaita-l <
>

> Since you have not cared to do a proper research you make the above
> shallow claim. In the English book 'Sridakshinamurti stotram' Vol. I,
> published by the Sringeri Sharada Peetham, pages 217 onwards has a very
> detailed discussion of the Ekajivavada which is also known as the DSV. You
> can see a wide variety of authors/works cited there, apart from the Vedanta
> siddhanta muktavali.

Even the Kaivalyopanishad is cited in this section.

The Manisha panchakam of Shankaracharya is another source for DSV. The
Br.Up.1.4.10 and its bhashya is yet another place to study and understand
DSV.  The BSB 2.2.29 is misunderstood by you. You have not seen how
Shankara argues apparently exactly the opposite in the GK bhashya. A
westerner had even written a paper claiming that the author of the BSB and
the GKB could not be the same, based on his misunderstanding of the BSB
2.2.29 and the GKB.