[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 21:31:26 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 5:52 AM, sreenivasa murthy via Advaita-l <

> Dear Sri Aditya Kumar,
> You  write : "A Jnani is established in Brahman."Please permit me to
> slightly amend this sentence as follows :A Jnani is Brahman. brahmavit
> brahmaiva Bavati ||
> Where is the question of being established in Brahman
> when he is Brahman / Atman itself?A mumukshu, when he realizes his
> intrinsic nature by shedding  the adventious one  the realization reveals
> that he was never an individual person, he is not an individual person even
> NOW, he will never be an indidividual person.

This is very well said. Shankara has articulated this in the BSB:

 पूर्वसिद्धकर्तृत्वभोक्तृत्वविपरीतं हि त्रिष्वपि
कालेष्वकर्तृत्वाभोक्तृत्वस्वरूपं *ब्रह्माहमस्मि,*नेतः पूर्वमपि कर्ता भोक्ता
वा *अहमासम्, *नेदानीम्, नापि भविष्यत्काले — इति ब्रह्मविदवगच्छति ; एवमेव च
मोक्ष उपपद्यते ; ४.१.२३. इति ।

Contrary to the previous thinking that I am doer-enjoyer, in all the three
periods of time I am Brahman that is neither doer nor enjoyer. Before I was
not doer-enjoyer, nor now, nor even in the future will I be doer-enjoyer -
such is the realization of a Knower. BSB 4.1.23.

So, upon Brahman-realization, all things attached to samsara: the samsāri,
the ignorance, the world, the thinking that I have/had samsāra - all are
negated.

regards
vs