[Advaita-l] Is there a 'Hari-Hara Avatāra' of Viṣṇu?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 22:50:02 CST 2017

Namaste

The real test for Srivaishnavas is - Is there a Sankara Narayana
temple with Srivaishnava priests doing worship of both like doing
Rudra Abhisheka for Sankara and Purusha Sukta Abhisheka? I think there
is not. I heard many Srivaishnavas will not learn any Veda Mantra with
Siva as Devata of that Mantra. Like in Maha Narayana Upanishad they
will avoid Sadyo Jatadi Mantras.

But surprising thing is some Srivaishnava scholars like Challakere
Brothers have made recording of Rudram Chamakam without a single
mistake. It is beautiful to hear them. Very nicely done.

<advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>:
> I have provided a translation for those who cannot read Tamil. Please see
> between the lines below.
>
> regards
> subbu

>>> icle&id=3044

> The explanation of a poem of an Azhwar by PBA (A scholar of Srivaishnava
> following) is:

> Of the many avataras of Vishnu, the 'Shankara-Narayana' avatara is also
> one. This is also termed as 'Hari-Hara Avataara'.
>
>> பாதிவடிவம்
>>> கொண்டதாமிது,
>>>
>> It consists of half-Narayana and half-Paramasiva forms.
>

>> > எம்பெருமான் கொண்ட கோலங்களெல்லாம் பகவத்பக்தர்கட்கு உத்தேச்யமாகையாலே
>>>

> Since all the forms that the Lord assumed are aimed at gracing the
> devotees, this form too has been contemplated upon by the Azhwars in their
> songs.

>>> point

>>> For assistance, contact:
>>> listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org