[Advaita-l] An instance of malicious interpretation of the Atharvaśirā upaniṣad

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 10:28:59 CST 2017

Namaste

I heard the Soma plant is not available today. They use a substitute
plant but I don't know if it has same effect of Soma. They crush the
plant to make juice. The drinkers of Soma juice used to sing Sama
songs with the intoxication of Soma. They used to create a heaven like
atmosphere in the Yajna place with the Saama Gaana. Soma intoxication
is not like alcohol intoxication. The Ritvijas were not drinking only
one drop but definitely more than that to get intoxication.

Modern musicians drinking alcohol filled drinks and producing music is
a cheap imitation of the ancient Saama Gaana Ritvijas. They are not
creating a heaven like atmosphere but hell like atmosphere only in
doing this.