[Advaita-l] An instance of malicious interpretation of the Atharvaśirā upaniṣad

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jan 17 04:22:53 CST 2017

praNAms  Sri Sriram prabhuji
Hare Krishna

If the pramANita  shAstra vidhi prescribes the pashu medha in ishti-s for the puNya lOka prApti,  who are we to counter the scriptural injunction ??  so says the hard core traditional meemAmsaka-s.  For that matter going to the svarga or Naraka will not be determined by the 'eating habits' of the individuals.  OTOH,  it will be decided by the balance of pApa and puNya phala in one's account.  Arguments blossoms like this from their viewpoints.  Anyway, according to strict rules of shrauta yAga formalities,  a strict NO to  substitutes when the 'ORIGINALS' are readily available.  This is what I heard from one of the Mattur pundits when the sOma yAga they conducted became a big issue in social media recently.

BTW, what exactly our dharma shAstra-s like manu, Apasthambha, Gautama etc. would say on one's food habits and alternatives in shrauta yagna-s ??  Would like to know.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar