[Advaita-l] Dayanand Saraswathi interview - Very interesting stand taken by Swami

Balasubramanian Ramakrishnan rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 12:26:46 CST 2017

In "Jivanmukti in Transformation", Andrew Fort reports speaking to
Mahasannidhanam (Bharati Tirtha SwamigaL) in Hindi and reports that his
opinion is that Ramana was not a jivanmukta like Vidyaranya or Abhinava
Vidyatirtha, but a mahant. I think that's a trustworthy source.

Of course I wonder what your issue is. If you look at what RM actually
wrote and translated, they are solidly in mainstream advaita. His (at least
Indian) devotees pretty much engage in the usual practices - srichakra
worship, vedic recitations, so on and so forth. Yes, it's problematic that
some people go to Thiruvannamalai and declare themselves "enlightened", but
that's hardly the problem of Ramana Maharshi? Such people will find
something or the other to fool themselves/others with.

Rama

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 12:51 PM, Kripa Shankar via Advaita-l <