[Advaita-l] Fwd: A question on PariNAma and vivarta

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 06:59:47 EST 2017

Pranams Sri Sadananda Ji,

Reg  <<Three examples that Chandogya  gives are ….. >>,

Why only three. The same Chandogya has given another three examples in
which the vAchArambhanam statement is repeated. These three also are by
Uddalaka only and in the same context of  *
​ ​
by knowing one thing one can know everything
​ ​
*. In fact the second set of three examples I have given are practically
just in continuation to the first three you had cited.

The thread continued all along with limiting the scope to whether the
vAchArambhanam statement referred to parinama or vivarta. Your contention
was succinctly reiterated in your immediate preceding post which I quote
here

<< Vaachaarambhanam sruti does not give milk-curds example for
vaachaarambhanam since milk-curds is parinaama.

fortunately it gives example of gold-ornaments, mud-pots and iron-tools -
which are all vivarta and not parinaama.

Yes vaachaarambhanam sruti applies easily to vivarta only. >>.

This has been the issue discussed exhaustively so far. I have now
given  reference
to the mantras in the same Chandogya  which contradicts your above stand  and
confirm that the Vaachaarambhanam sruti  pertains to parinama even  by your
own yardstick, not even  through any other reasoning many of which have
been advanced earlier.

I have nothing further to add.

Regards