[Advaita-l] Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Vakyartha vichara - 6.8.2017 Bengaluru

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 10:44:17 EDT 2017

Dear Subbuji,

I believe you are referring to the drishyatva hetu upapattih chapter of the
advaita siddhi, where the siddhikAra quotes the bhAmatikAra who says that
the vritti upahita brahman is mithyA. A previous post on the topic covers
this aspect:
http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2017-April/045021.html

Although the article does not cover the akhaNDAkAravritti's ability for
avidyAnivritti, the chapter in advaita siddhi goes on to address this point.

The post above also deals with the topic of shuddham's svaprakAshatvam not
implying its mithyAtvam. As a consequence, shAstra's atattvAvedakatvam is
also refuted.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan