[Advaita-l] dRShTi-sRShTi definitions in the advaitasiddhi

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 12:53:22 EDT 2017

​Namaste Venkatraghavanji,

Thanks for your additions. I was wondering when I saw an empty mail from
you earlier thinking it got sent by mistake and was looking forward to your
response then!

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 9:58 PM, Venkatraghavan S <agnimile at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I believe one of the conclusions from vAcaspati mishrA's nAna avidyA
> paksha is not only multiple jIvas, but multiple Ishvaras and multiple
> universes too! The logic is that Ishvara in this matam is kalpita or
> imagined due to jIva's avidyA. The universe is also a creation of that
> avidyA.

​This above, and the following ​that you mention seems to be a logical
conclusion if one subscribes to NJV DSV. Else there is no reason for an
overlap to be there between NJ's universes and Ishvaras. Not that it would
matter so much, since people who are not convinced of DSV will question EJV
and NJV alike with slightly different shade of questions. I deleted a
question as to what establishes nAnAtva in DSV, but I think that can also
be resolved, so I have no issues either way though I prefer EJV for already
stated reasons.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */