[Advaita-l] A tale from the shatapatha brAhmaNa

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 04:24:45 EDT 2017

Namaste

We can give another answer with information from Puranas and other texts.
Ishwara can also have sin. Why not? Raama got sin after killing Raavana
because he was a Brahmin. He had to do worship of Siva only in
Raameshwaram. Indra got sin after killing Vrtra the Brahmin. Pandavas got
sin by killing all the relatives. They went to Kedarnath to worship Siva.
Like this Siva also got sin. How? He shot his arrow at Prajapati when he
was mating with his daughter in deer form and cut his head. Therefore
anybody can get sin. That is why they say the born baby must get Samskaaras
for purification. The Samskaaras like Naamakarana are for purification from
sins.

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 11:00 AM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <

>  A tale from the shatapatha brAhmaNa
>
> Please find below a mediafire link for an article written by my friend who
> does not want to be identified.
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/file/ahcca4o49dw1b9e/A_tale_from_
> the_Satapatha_brAhmaNa.pdf
>
> Regards,