[Advaita-l] dRShTi-sRShTi definitions in the advaitasiddhi

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 09:24:49 EDT 2017

Namaste Praveen Ji,

Reg  << The two officially recognised versions of ​DSV by sampradAya are
dRShTisamakAlInasRShTiH (DSKS creation happens in synchronisation with your
seeing it) and dRShTiH eva sRShTiH (DES, seeing itself is creation), both
have only two sattAs, not three. The reason I restate this is since from
your posts it appears as if you think that versions of DSV are those with
two sattAs or three, and that Swami Prakashanandaji (SP) belongs to former.
I don't think there can be three sattAs in DSV. That being said, in my
understanding, SP follows DES and which is what I also prefer for my
sAdhana. >>,

No No. I have not considered three sattAs for any of the two versions of
DSV you have listed.  I have no doubt pointed out, in this thread itself,
that three sattAs are being admitted by Sri MS during the course of his
arguments, which has been refuted  by Sri Anand Ji. I have left it at that.
I am not even sure which of the above two DSV versions Sri MS is presenting.

But I do have a problem with two sattAs for DES. Since there is no
creation, other than seeing itself, which is the second sattA? Is seeing
itself considered as the second sattA and called prAtibhAsika? I had not
associated prAtibhAsika with an act of seeing. I had always associated it
with an object. Hence my problem.

Regards