[Advaita-l] GunAtIta and jIvanmukta

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 06:57:50 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Chandramouli Ji

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 4:31 PM, H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Namaste Sri Ravi Ji,
>

> Reg  << Noted, in JMV, the advaita (paramArthika) jnAna is told as
> asamprajnAta samAdhi ( ref in Muktika Up 2.53,54) , which alone is termed
> as nirvikalpaka samAdhi ? >>,
>

> I have not read  Muktika Up. So I cannot comment.   The terms relating to
> Samadhi appearing  even in advaitic literature sometimes pertain to a
> yogi (who is not a jnani in the advaitic sense) and at other times  to a
> jnani. Hence it is always difficult to understand significance the term
> samAdhi correctly unless the context is clear. Atleast that is my
> understanding.

Reference is from JMV in manonAsa prakarana, which is quoting muktika up.

Agree with the difference noted with yogi from jnAni.

Question is more with the (Atma darshana) jnAna itself ? what is the
difference ( if any, in lakSana etc), if you happen to know ?

where it (advaita jnAna) is considered as NS (if not from JMV) ?

Isn't NS also a yogic terminology synonymous with asamprajnAta samadhi ?

Thanks