[Advaita-l] Ramana Maharshi - Advaitin or Neo Advaitin?

Kripa Shankar kripa.shankar.0294 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 02:46:09 CDT 2016

Namaste Bhaskar

I am willing to set aside my bias! You have admitted that he may not be following the orthodox school of Advaita, which is evident. This does not mean he was a fraud. This means that Ramana has given birth or adopted another school of Advaita. The term Neo Advaita was  already there and well defined. ‎In fact, Ramana asram themselves say so.

Everyone does not have to follow the scriptures. Yathecchasi tatha kuru. But in my sincere opinion, classifying the schools accordingly is important so that we don't mix up things.

I personally don't like to mix up our ancient Rishis/culture with people/ culture  from other faiths. That is my own inclination. Others may not have an issue. My own parents have high regards for Ramana and they travel to Tiruvannamalai frequently. I try to argue with them but they disregard me :)

Regards
Kripa
‎
---
Vyasaya Vishnu roopaya Vyasa roopaya Vishnave
Namo vai Brahma nidhaye Vasishtaya namo namaha