[Advaita-l] Ramana Maharshi - Advaitin or Neo Advaitin?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 18:56:38 CDT 2016

PraNAms
I think the whole question is wrong.

One cannot test whether anyone else has realized or not.
For realization we need three things - 1. tvan pardaartha vichaara, tat padaartha vichara and identity of the two which is expressed in another form as

Brahma satyam
jagat mithyaa
aham brahmaasmi.
If all the three components are not there then the realization is incomplete.
Question only if the Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi's teaching is in tune with Vedanta or not.  It does not matter what others interpret.

In Upadesha saara - he clearly says

Isha jeeva yoH vishadhee bhidaa
satva bhaavato vastu kevalam!
The difference between Iswara and jeeva is only in Vesham or costume they are wearing . From the point of sat - pre existence they are one and the same.

Sat ya hi chit - chattayaahyaham.

In the Sat Darshanam - the very first sloka - provides the essence of Vedanta - we have taken up both Upadesha saara and Sat darshanam texts of Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi. one can find them on yu-tube under Acharya Sadaji.

People should not rely on question-answers as the basis of the teaching since they are very specific and context placed.
The inquiry of who am I - itself is incomplete as it involves only tvam padaartha vichaara.Who am I should include that which was rejected in the neti neti- since  rejection can only be validated only if that is recognized is as part of aham only.

my 2c
Hari Om!Sadananda