[Advaita-l] Ramana Maharshi - Advaitin or Neo Advaitin?

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 02:11:04 CDT 2016

Namaste Kripaji,

Others have already answered that Wiki is not the place to learn these
things and a good number of books were suggested. Moreover, while reading
any of the statements of Bhagavan Ramana, the context should be kept in
mind. For this reason also, Wiki quotations are the worst to look at. For
example, you should read from Talks what Bhagavan replied when questioned
about his own running away, after the answer you wikiquote was given by him
as to "not run away from saMsAra"!

Bhagavan had also made the statements which you may not find in Wiki about
his having learnt Vedanta in earlier life/ lives, about his convictions
from experience being the *same* as Bhagavatpada Shankaracharya's
teachings, etc. Bhagavan Ramana has also translated some verses of
Vivekachudamani.

Finally, if someone thinks that Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi's teaching is
different from traditional Advaita Vedanta, I am sorry to say that that
person understands neither!

ramaNArpaNamastu,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Kripa Shankar via Advaita-l <