[Advaita-l] Maadhyahnika in Sayana bhashya

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 00:56:27 CDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 3:10 AM, ravi chandrasekhara <vadhula at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Pranam to all,
>
> Please provide reference from Ramayana (actual khanda, etc) stating
> Bhagawan Rama performed Sandhya-Vandana.
> I would like it for my personal reference.

In the Bālakāṇda 23rd sarga verses 2, 3 and 4 taken together gives you the
reference for Rama and Lakshmana having performed the sandhyā vandana,
Gāyatri japa, agnikārya (they are brahmacharins then). The Govindaraja
commentary gives this information. The verse 2 is the famous
'kausalyāsuprajā.....'

regards
vs