[Advaita-l] How can prANa be Brahman?

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:52:02 CDT 2016

praNAms Sri Chandramouli ji,

In advaita, mind and Jnana are given importance. When one is detached and
is a witness, after certain level of progress, staying rooted in Jnana is
enough. Meditation happens by itself, at times even when one is not
meditating. In advaita too, by staying detached and by focusing on Brahman,
vAsanA-s get uprooted. If some approach or logic or method gives you
clarity and suits you, please continue to practice accordingly.

Just staying witness is not enough, we need to surrender to a higher
authority, but with abheda bhAva. Only having strong vairAgya is not
enough, neither just viveka is enough. We need both. Along with
viveka-yutka vairAgya, Ishvara-paridhAna is important. Even in neti-neti,
you must be rooted in Brahman i.e. detach with Jnana. We need two wings to
fly. sravaNa, manan and nidhidhyAsana are not enough, if there is no
vairAgya. They are all interlinked - viveka, vairAgya, sravaNa, manan,
nidhidyAsana, Ishvara paridhAna, mumukshutva, etc.

I understand what you are saying and there is nothing to disagree. I am
just focusing on one particular approach. Maybe I am not able to present
myself properly. Anyways, lets end it here and agree to disagree.

Hari OM
Sujal