[Advaita-l] How can prANa be Brahman?

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 05:22:48 CDT 2016

Sri Venkatraghavan ji,

I was told that one has to experience two spiritual state to be free. these
two can be experienced in any order.

1. nirvikalp samAdhi (Brahma satya jagat mithyA)
2. sarvam khalu-idam-brahman (sarvAtma bhAva)

In case of Jnani, one experiences i.e. enters into nirvikalp samAdhi and
after meditation is over i.e. all thoughts and desires are destroyed, mind
transforms into Brahman itself. Sri Ramana Maharshi says, Mind of Jnani is
Brahman itself. One experiences that all this is Brahman. Then one is free

In case of Yogi, it is the opposite. Mind merges into infinite Brahman
experiences sarvAtmabhAva. Then it transcends this bhAva also and enters
into nirvikalp samAdhi.

Both are needed to be called as jivan mukta.

Alternatively, I have been told that if one manages to contemplate on
Brahman when one is dying, there is no rebirth either.

---

Moksha has to be by Jnana, as has to be effortless, as limited effort
cannot produce limitless result. karma or yogic process or neit-neti or Om
chanting, etc can lead one to samAdhi. they create a base samAdhi. OM
itself is not samAdhi, the origin of OM is samAdhi. One has to be aware of
the origin of OM ... and to be aware, one does not need to do anything
special.

---

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna