[Advaita-l] brahma yajnam - Tamil

Balasubramanian Ramakrishnan rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 19:45:03 CDT 2016

The missing portions shown below are not chanted in the Tamil apastambiya
tradition. It may be part of the bodhAyanam or aashvalaayanam. I have seen
that Apastambiiyas in some parts of South India are very much influenced by
Bodhayanam and aashvalaayanam.

The svaram on vidyudasi and vr.s.tirasi is wrong. It should be (in Wikners
notation)

vidyu!dasi_ vidya!mepaa_pmaana!m.ru_taathsa_tyamupai!mi |  and

v.r.s.ti!rasi_ v.r.s.ta!mepaa_pmaana!m.ru_taathsa_tyamupaa!gaam.

Source: yaaju.sa mantra ratnaakaram and kaaThaka-prashnam.

Rama

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <