[Advaita-l] Paul Hacker's erroneous view

D Gayatri dgayatrinov10 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 12:00:43 CDT 2016

//nirasta bhUtiM = He has got no material wealth (bhUti) (as he is a
sannyasi) / he is devoid of ashes (bhUti)//

Both interpretations are valid.

//anugraM = He is not fierce   Where is the second interpretation? //

Agreed, but this is the only exception. So it does not harm the overall
conclusion.

//vinA vinAyakaM = He is not accompanied by vinAyaka   Even here only one
interpretation//

Pande gives the other interpretation. He who has defeated the Buddhists.