[Advaita-l] Supremacy of Shiva over Vishnu

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:56:57 CDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 8:33 PM, Sujal Upadhyay <sujal.u at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pranams Subramanian ji,
>
> I checked commentary of Adi Sankara on Kena Upanishad bhashya. In Gita
> PRess Hindi Translation it is messed.

Dear Sri Sujal,

The confusion is because of the difference in the numbering of the
mantras.  In the Gitapress edition mantras 3 and 4 of the Advaita Ashrama
(Swami Gambhirananda) edition are given as mantra 3.  The portion I cited
is from the introduction to mantra 5 of the Advaita Ashrama edition.  As
per Gitapress Edition, it appears after the bhashya for mantra 3 is over
and before bhashya for mantra 4 commences.

The mantra for which the bhashyam (introduction) I cited is 'yadvācā
anabhyuditam....tadeva brahma tvam viddhi nedam yadidam upāsate.'

Hope this clarifies.

regards
vs