[Advaita-l] Ramana Maharshi - Advaitin or Neo Advaitin?

Kripa Shankar kripa.shankar.0294 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 02:59:47 CDT 2016

Namaste Praveen

I used the word Vedas as a‎ broad category which includes everything that is there 'to know' to highlight the importance of * Shruti* and thus the importance of * shruti as pramana * and thus the importance of * authenticity maintained through tradition * (over * what is heard through indirect sources *) without which 'what is heard' will just become rumour. However I concede that it was phrased poorly.

The proof is in the pudding. You can check my initial mail as also the title.

‎When we accept * Shruti as pramana * but we don't have a direct evidence, we resort to arthapatti. But in your declaration an * assumption * is reinforced by arthapatti! ‎

It's like while waiting for the bus. According to the assumption that the bus should have departed by now, we will have to conclude that it has arrived now although it has not!

Regards
Kripa
‎
‎
Vyasaya Vishnu roopaya Vyasa roopaya Vishnave
Namo vai Brahma nidhaye Vasishtaya namo namaha