[Advaita-l] GunAtIta and jIvanmukta

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 05:10:40 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Sujal Ji,

Reg  << If there is no mind, does it mean it is shunya? Brahman is already
present isn't it.>>,

 absence of experience (anubhava) I termed shunya. Brahman cannot be
experienced in the absence of mind.

Reg   << Do you think destruction of mind is possible. If yes, what will
you cal this state to be? >>,

No. It is not admitted in advaita sidhanta even on the fall of the body at
the time of death except for a jnani.

I would strongly recommend, if I may take the liberty, that the advaita
sidhanta (tatva part, not the sAdhana part) be understood without recourse
to terms common with yoga shastra. There are any number of sources for
this. Using the same terms very often leads to improper understanding.

Regards