[Advaita-l] 'Shakti worship in Advaita and Other Topics'

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 05:40:42 CST 2016

In the article under title, I had mentioned that Sridhara Swamin had used
the term 'viṣṇvātmanā' in the Bhāgavatam commentary.  However, upon
verifying I found that the usage is actually  'viṣṇurūpeṇa' and not as I
had stated. The meaning, however, does not differ. The commentary is to the
Bhāgavatam verse 2.10.42. In those couple of verses, the trimurtis are
referred to by Sridhara Swamin, with the same suffix: rūpeṇa, in the
context of their functions of creation (ब्रह्मरूपेण), sustenance (पालकत्वं
विष्णुरूपेण)  and dissolution (..रुद्ररूपेण).  The image of the commentary
can be found in my article, where I had quoted it earlier:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n9q6kdu3dnr4l4z/VM%27s+Crime.pdf

  p.17 of the pdf.

 [सौम्येन रूपेण is Shankara's commentary in the Praśnopaniṣat bhāṣya]

regards
vs