[Advaita-l] A question on Chaandogya III.14.1

Ryan Armstrong ryanarm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 03:41:10 CST 2016

Thank you both, Praveen-ji and Chandramouli-ji
The book I have uses तदनम् but this published work only has the English
translation and a transliteration for this word.
When I refer to the original भाष्य, I make use of the Sringeri site (
http://advaitasharada.sringeri.net/php/format.php?bhashya=Chandogya ) and
there the word is omitted entirely (as per Chadramouli-ji's third option.)
Some of this discussion is certainly raising questions due to the lack of
comprehensive understanding of Sanskrit.
So can I ask this:
If the word used does not end in the हलन्त न but is rather तज्जलान, would
the श्रुति not then have it as तज्जकानेति instead of तज्जकानिति ?
I realise that the discussion is on the भाष्य and not the श्रुति, but does
this make a difference to the meaning?
Thanks again
Ryan

--