[Advaita-l] A question on Chaandogya III.14.1

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:33:46 CST 2016

Namaste Ryan ji,

BSB 1.2.1 bhAShya that Chandramouliji mentioned has the same reference of
Chandogya mantra. However, grammatically, तज्जलान् is likely a क्विबन्तपद
ending in नकार (तदन्/ तज्जलान्) while तदनत्वात् in BSB 1.2.1 bhAShya seems
to consider either a different प्रत्यय such as पचादि अच् with a कर्तरि
व्युत्पत्ति for a word ending in अकार (तदन/ तज्जलान)। Else the word should
have been तदन्त्वात्। I just thought this might interest you.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Ryan Armstrong via Advaita-l <