[Advaita-l] External Evidence for bhasma dhāraṇam by vaidikas [was 'Watch "Miracle in Tirumala - Tirupati" on YouTube']

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 14:13:55 CDT 2016

Namaste,

 In the very beginning of Pashupata Sutra we find that the Pashupata Shaivas have to apply Bhashma in  the entire body three times a day. This is obviously the main snana or the part of the main snana. Then there is the Anu-snana, and taking Nirmaalya. The Anushana and Nirmalya are for identification (probably of the sect to which the person belongs). The  Anusnana probably refers to the application of the Bhashma in different specific parts of the body.

Regards,
Sunil KB