[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Ishvara-authored Srishti avidyākrta - Says Shankara

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 20:06:19 CDT 2016

Dear Sujalji,

"I am Brahman" is a true statement, However we are in a sort of hynotised state and we feel that we are unable to see the truth. We have to dehypnotise ourselves. That is what the shastras are for and that is why Adi Shankara is with us through his writings as well as our gurus are there too to help us. The individual consciousness  too is in a sort of aberration due to the hynotised state. Now you may ask me as to how we got hypnotised. The shruti tells us that Brahman wanted to be many. Brahman has the trick up His sleeve to use Maya for that and I don't think any of us can say much on this, in our hypnotised state. Lord Krishna had told us in detail in the Bhagavad Gita as to how we can dehypnotise ourselves.  The Lord permitting,  I wish to add more on what the Lord said in another text, in the next edition of the Original Bhagavad Gita.

Another thing, I wish to mention is that the Advaita discussions are at the Paramarthika level and any reference to Vaisheshika or Nyaya views /  logic would  not really help, and rather that may create confusion  and lead to more and more futile discussions.

Regards,
Sunil KB.