[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sat May 14 02:47:19 CDT 2016

If anyone is able to find a reason for why drishti srishti vAda, as
outlined in siddhAnta muktAvali, and talked about in other granthAs (from
what I could make out, Appayya DIkshitar, MadhusUdana Sarasvati, Nishchala
Das etc. have a similar definition of DSV as PrakAshAnada) consider anya
jIvas as AbhAsa, I would be most grateful if you can share it here.

I will also read the links that Sri Ananda sent to the text and report back
if I find anything.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

On 13 May 2016 10:08 a.m., "Venkatraghavan S" <agnimile at gmail.com> wrote:

> Namaste Swamiji,
>
> Thank you for the explanation and reference, sir.
>
> I have not completely understood the reasons for some of your below
points - I did think everything drishta was srishta according to this vAda,
and that the AbhAsa of other jIvAs was because of that.

> That is, the seer who is anAdi is not srishtA, but the seen is. It looks
like there are other reasons for other jIvas' AbhAsa in eka jIva vAda.  As
you say, I need to spend some time studying / thinking. Thank you for
bringing this angle up.

lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com> wrote:

>> I don't know what you know about dRRiShTisRRiShTi, but if you think that
'everything' is sRRiShTa then you need some more time to look at old books
and similarly more time to use inference and imagination too.
>> Even in ekajIva-dRRiShTisRRiShTi anAdi-s are not sRRiShTa. And jIva is
one of the anAdi-s. People appreciate if someone presents some old
sentence, so here it is from advaitasiddhikAra - अनाद्यतिरिक्तसृष्टिविषय एव
दृष्टिसृष्टिस्वीकारात् ।
>> Why ekajIvavAdin-s don't accept jIva and support jIvAbhAsa is totally
another thing. And, similarly the acceptance of nAnAjIva has nothing to do
with dRRiShTisRRiShTi or sRRiShTidRRiShTi.