[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed May 11 08:31:04 CDT 2016

Namaste Krishnamoorthy ji,

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 6:49 PM, R Krishnamoorthy via Advaita-l <

> This vaada is like pure mathematics. Abstract in toto.

Truth be told, its the only vAda that works purely off the dream
experiences, which everyone has. And experiences are *not* abstract.

> Very difficult to
> visualise or understand.

True, since people have trouble analyzing the dream and accepting the fact
so: "I was completely deluded during the dream", due to the overwhelming
waking world experiences, which are exactly the same.

> It is purely academic in content.

That may be said about any vAda or prakriyA, since one has to *use* it to
know whether or not it works.

> Also if Brahman
> is the jiiva where is the question of jiiva getting to know He himself is
> Brahman?

If jIva is not brahman by nature, mokSha by j~nAna will become impossible!

> How ignorance veils Brahman,?

The same way that it does in any other vAda, namely avidyA!

> I think this vaada is not logical.

The conclusion is far from the fact. Sorry, but how you start off by saying
"difficult to understand" and end up with "not logical" is itself beyond
logic.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */