[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Mon May 9 05:00:58 CDT 2016

To clarify,  our understanding of Jiva ( and Iswara )  is mostly based on
the pravEsha Shruti तत्सृष्ट्वा । तदेवानुप्राविशत् ।( tatsRSTvA |
tadevAnuprAvizat | )  ( TU ). Does this definition hold good in the context
of ekajIvavAda / dRShTisRShTivAda ? I presume not. Hence the need for
defining Jiva in this context.

Pranams and Regards