[Advaita-l] Shankara and DrishTi-SrishTi vAda - eka jeeva vaada

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Sun May 8 20:55:51 CDT 2016

>From : H.N.Sreenivasa MurthyPranams to all.Dear Sri Ananda Hudli,
 You write :"Assuming someone has to realize this only conscious principle that you talk
about, we have to admit that there is a jIva. If Brahman is already
realized all these theories of dRShTisRShTivAda, sRShTidRShTivAda,
ekajIvavAda, nAnAjIvavAda, etc. are not required, nay a study of Vedanta
itself is not required."
    The requirement of all these vadas etc depends upon the goal set up by the student of Vedanta. If the goal is to be a SAstraj~Jna all these informations about which you have enumerated and many more are needed.  If the goal is to be an Atmaj~Ja these things are not at all necessary. An examination of one's own LIFE in the light of the teachings pertaining to one's own true svarUpa  of upanishads and Acharya is more than enough. Rest of the things are nothing but husk which has to be thrown out to one who wants nothing but Atmaj~JAna. This conviction of mine is born out of my own endeavours in the field. And also this conviction is based on the teaching of mantra 2-2-5 of Mundaka Upanishad.

   With this I end this correspondence.
With respectful namaskarams,Sreenivasa Murthy

>Since no second conscious principle does exist whwere is the question of
EkajIva or nAnAjIva?

Assuming someone has to realize this only conscious principle that you talk
about, we have to admit that there is a jIva. If Brahman is already
realized all these theories of dRShTisRShTivAda, sRShTidRShTivAda,
ekajIvavAda, nAnAjIvavAda, etc. are not required, nay a study of Vedanta
itself is not required.

Anand