[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Ramopakhyana of Mahabharata vs. the Uttara Kanda ofRamayana

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu May 5 23:07:24 CDT 2016

Moreover Sita never complained about Rama's decision of her banishment to anyone neither she complained to lalshmana nor to valmkki nor to any sages, then it must be clear that sita knows what Rama had done is raja-dharma alone. With our CURRENT limits of judgemental capabilities and with our CURRENT levels of dharma-knowledge we are no one to question that epitome of human form.of dharma viz. Rama whom neither a human, nor a rishi nor his preceptor nor his parents have hailed as dharma's form rather it was a rakshasa "mArIcha" am enemy of Rama who was once hit by Rama, spoke the testimonial about him saying "rAmau vigrahavAn dharmaH". Such a phrase coming from an enemy's mouth carries huge weight!
That makes a huge difference my dear friend! That makes a huge difference, I repeat!

So, when sita had no problem we are not supposed to file FIRs and cases against Rama or Valmiki for his Uttara Kanda. :-)

praNAms Sri Santosh prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Just on the lighter vein, after reading all these different narrations one can say  ‘rAma rAjya’ was not ‘rAma rAjya’ that what we assume (no problem at all whatsoever for any one, like) ☺ A washer man has the misunderstanding of his own king’s attitude, there was ‘dAmpatya kalaha’ in rAma rajya and one of the praja-s of the rAma rAjya doubting the chastity of his queen mAta  seeta  and there was ‘seeta mAta vedana/suffering’ though she was as pure as ‘fire’.  And after Lava-Kusha janana mAta seeta never have the opportunity to live with her husband rAma.  When rAma repented and came to Ashrama to take back seeta, mAta seeta ‘bhUmi putri’ has gone back to her original abode i.e. inside the earth after handing over her twins to rAma.  Sorry, I have not read the vAlmeeki rAmAyaNa completely to make this claim.  Just I saw these episodes in a Telugu movie : lava- kusha ☺

And finally, there was a question on rAmAyaNa in a college, lecturer asked the students :  Why lakshmaNa cut the nose of shUrpanaki, why rAvaNa abducted seeta, why rAma sent seeta to forest?? Etc.  one of the students very politely answered :  Sir, these are all rAma’s family’s personal matters, we should not poke our nose into it!! ☺

Kindly pardon me the nuisance during the course of serious discussion.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar