[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 08:07:15 CDT 2016

praNAms

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> Ok, what is the relevance of such a nAma rUpa jagat in paramArtha satyam
> (svata-siddha, sva-prakAsa vastu), Brahman?
>

> praNAms
>
> Hare Krishna
>

> According to paramArtha satyam the socalled nAma rUpa (ornaments) are no
> more nAma rUpa (though you are seeing the nAma rUpa) it is ‘gold’ only
> (bramaiva).

Thank you.. From the standpoint of paramArtha satyam, It alone is there and
It knows Itself by Itself (svayam prakAsa) ..

So, the significance is always to the paramArtha jnAna, which removes
(sublates) the anAdi avidya that was responsible for seeing nAma rUpa jagat
as satyam (real) by itself, independent of its adhiSTana Brahman.

when you say  - (though you are seeing the nAma rUpa) , it is ‘gold’ only -

Yes, when one is not introduced to 'gold', the above instruction holds
true.

Just because we are seeing nAma rUpa (ornaments / kArya) we cannot say
> there is no ‘gold’ (kAraNa / brahman) in it.  Mrutpinda, mrudghata etc. are
> ultimately mrittike only nothing else.  There exists nothing Atmavyatirikta
> for the jnAni.  In short shruti declares : idaM brahmedaM kshatramime lOkA
> eme vedA emAni bhUtAneedaM ‘sarvaM’ yadayamAtma.
>

> For the jnAni jagat is NOT mithya, it is satya only in paramAtma rUpa.
> This is what shruti declaring here.

Ok, your discussion through out,  is from jnAni's viewpoint - Brahma satya
jagat satya ..?

For a jnAni, when Brahman is satya always (jnAna nishTa), is there a
further need to mention jagat satya along with Brahma satya ?

By stating so, does it further qualify or enhances it, by any means?

Regards