[Advaita-l] [advaitin] New topic for Discussion - Religion vs Spirituality

balagopal ramakrishnan rbalpal at yahoo.co.in
Tue Mar 22 00:36:24 CDT 2016

Namaste Sada Ji,
Though technically not a must, it will be difficult without one being religious in some way or the other. Religion is 'karma yoga' which aids,' chithasudhi '. Spirituality is' jaana yoga'. Both requires time & efforts. Over a period one may have to wean away from the ritualistic religion to engage that time into the study of the scriptures.
A very important point to remember is that of the example one sets. A total negation of religion might lead the others also to follow suit and will miss the chance to purify the mind, the key qualification for spirituality.
PraNAm
Balagopal

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android