[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:16:29 CDT 2016

Sri Srinath,

Actually we are veering from topic, so if you would like to continue this
discussion please can you create a separate thread.

Your exact question was:
<<Since truthness of pramANa is nested with in outer untruthness of
vyvahAra, it is equivalent to saying pramANa-s are not true after all?>>

We need to clarify what is meant by the terms true and untrue in your
question. One refers to validity and the other refers to existence. The
validity of vedA is self evident as it is a pramANA. The untruth you refer
to in your question refers to mithyAtvam (anirvachanIyatvam, sadasat
vilakshaNatvam) and not apramANatvam (invalidity as a pramANA).

So to answer the question you posted - no it is not equivalent to say that.

Your real question should be different - do vedAs exist in pAramArtham?
Shruti herself answers that question.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan