[Advaita-l] Fwd: Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 10:48:20 CDT 2016

Sri Sadananda Ji,

Pranams.

Reg  << How does the abhhasvaada differ from bimba-pratibimba vaada? Both
seems to subscribe to reflection of the pure sat chit ananda in the
upaadhi's. >>,

The difference is similar to that between reflection in a mirror and
coloration in a Crystal (sphatika) due to presence nearby of a flower. The
latter is also termed “manifestation”  to distinguish it from the first
type termed “reflection”. “abhasa” is also termed “chaya”( छाया) in some
places. Both the terms “abhasa” and “pratibimba” find a place at different
places in the Bhashyam (Sri Bhagavatpada)  but not exactly as abhasavada
and pratibimbavada. The protagonists of the two vadas draw support for
their respective stands from these terms found in the Bhashya. While both
proceed on very similar lines in their analysis, I presume they do differ
in explaining some of the more subtler aspects. I cannot recount them
offhand. But I could try and identify some if you are very particular. It
could take some time though. If any others could identify them, it would be
great.

Regards