[Advaita-l] Topic for Discussion: What is Nirvikalpaka Samaadhi?

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 18:18:54 CST 2016

Dear Sadaji,

To my understanding the "Chitta" is "Mind", "Ego" and "Intellec"t together along with the "Impressions or Memory". and some puranas have called the Chitta itself as the Jeeva. The aim of "Cittavritti-nirodha" in yoga is to control the fluctuations in the Chitta and that finally comes to the thought-control in the mind. When the mind is still and there are no thought appearing in the mind, that  helps the Chittaa to disconnect from the Prakrti.or Maya and one becomes "Jivanmukta". Eventually with the leaving of the five Koshas, the "Videhamukti" is achieved and there is one-ness with Brahman.

Regards,
Sunil K. Bhattacharjya