[Advaita-l] sarvAtma bhAva as explained by Bhagavatpada

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 07:09:35 CDT 2016

PraNAms

There is also discussion related to it - Bri. Up. 4-4-12 that says
aatmanaanam chet vijaaneeyat aham asmeeti puuruShaH|

Vidyaranya spends whole chapter -7 in Pachadashi -with close to 300 versus explaining this one mantra of the Upanishad. In fact this may be the biggest chapter of the Panchadashi.

Regarding the extensive discussion on jaabala and satyakaama - Ravi Kiranji - is a useless exercise.The message of the Upanishads is 1. It is the teacher who decides that if the student is eligible for the study or not. 2. The teacher himself feels one is truthful to himself by the way he answers.to the question posed.

The rest of discussion pertaining to Jabala's character is impertinent from our point since the Teacher felt the student is worthy student for the aadhyatma vidya.

End of the relevance of the story part More important is what the teacher taught and what we can learn to end our samsaara.

Hari Om!
Sadananda