[Advaita-l] Deprecating foreign scholars is not Hindu tradition

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 08:04:00 CDT 2016

Namaste,

Jyotisha is a Vedanga mentioned in the Vedas itself. The same knowledge has
gone all over the world through migrators and travelers, including Greeks.
Not all of it survived in India due to invasions and targeted destruction
of all works of knowledge. In addition to that background, Yavanacharya or
Yavanas referred to are those that learned jyotisha in India during the
time they were here or from Vedic works. It doesn't mean that they were the
originators of the knowledge.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 9:13 AM, D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ <