[Advaita-l] CELIBACY

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 06:17:44 CST 2016

Namaste

I heard in Kali Yuga being a good husband is better than being
unmarried. If a husband following Eka Patni Vrata goes to the wife in
her season only but not other days he will preserve his Brahmacharya.
This is better than some Sanyasis saying they are Brahmacharis but
having unnatural relations with females.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Srirudra via Advaita-l
<advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:
> Dear
> In the Geeta also the Bhagawan  praises celibacy -He refers to them as Brahmachari vrathay Sahitha:-.But it is very difficult for all to adopt it.Some take it up but fall by way side or get into problems or re enter to family way of life.
> R.Krishnamoorthy.
> P.S:Read Sahitha:asSthitha:-Chapter6/14Stanza
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On 26-Jan-2016, at 11:04 AM, KAMESWARARAO MULA via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Friends,                        One of my friends in the west has sent me an article regarding Celibacy Life style and their Monastic tradition. That I am putting here If any one is interested.
> [...]

Regards

-Venkatesh