[Advaita-l] Sakshi Pratyaksham and Avidya Vritti

Srirudra srirudra at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 05:45:35 CST 2016

Dear
Prathyaksha means as seen by the eye.That is directly visible to the eye of the. beholder.This can be got confirmed by any other beholder too like a passer by.
Other than this even Sabdha by ear or other indhriyas related knowledge can not be considered direct as to deduce them anumanam also can crop in.
Sakshi prathyaksham as I understand by the words used is that seen by a witness and conveyed as such.This may be true but is subject to the conveying capacity of the witness as to the faithfulness.This is because it becomes indirect and so subject to distortion due to the prejudices of the Sakshi and the language /connotations used by the concerned individual.Evidence is always subject to analysis and even true evidence may not stand a test of logic.
R.Krishnamoorthy.

Sent from my iPad