[Advaita-l] sushupati anubhava of jnAni and ajnAni

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jan 15 02:17:35 CST 2016

Dear Sadananda garu,                                       Sadar Pranam sir! wow what an explanation with clinching understanding as I quote"I did not sleep properly - but what really means is his BMI did not sleep properly".It is indeed bhagya to read and know your teachings.As I heard your vedanta classes earlier but now I request, we all need vedanta teachings, Aacharya! like this.I write this mail with my greatest happiness.
SincerelyKameswara

    On Thursday, 14 January 2016 9:18 PM, kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 Rajesh - PraNAms

>From my understanding:

First answer is - a jnaani does not sleep since he has realized his true nature - brahma vit brahmaiva bhavati - is the scriptural statement. Hence being Brahman he cannot or need not sleep!

However, his BMI exists due to praarabda karma, hence this BMI undergoes as before the three states of consciousness.

The ignorance in the deep sleep state for ajnaani is of three types 1. I do not know - (no knowledge of subject-object duality) 2. I do not know myself - that I am existent and conscious entity. and 3. I am happy due to the absence of duality
Hence he remembers that I I slept very well, 2. I did not know anything including my own existence and 3. I was happy.

For jnaanam there are two aspect involved

1. vRitti jnanam that involves - paroksha jnanam - Brahmna asti - and the world is projection of Brahman etc. all the vedantic knowledge.

2. Swamruupa jnanam through mahaavaakya vichaara. The first part being vRitti jnaanam is with the mind only. Hence when the mind is folded, that jnaanam is also folded - hence a jnaani also does not have knowledge of subject-object duality in the deep sleep state.

4. The swaruupa jnanam is there as aham bramaasmi - hence jnaani sleeps as jnaani only. But that knowledge is not expressed since for expression again one needs the mind or instrument for expression. 5. He has both the reflected happiness to the maximum since there is absence of subject-object duality but the degree is the highest as pramoda etc. and happiness due to his own ananda swarupa.

Hence to answer the question one has to separate the vRitti jnaanam vs Swarupa jnanam for a jnaani. For ajnaani since he has taadaatmyam with the BMI, the moola avidya and the tuual avidya (ignorance of subject-object duality) both are there in the deep sleep state.

For transactions, a jnaani also may say, I did not sleep properly - but what really means is his BMI did not sleep properly. It is the same aspect if one asks does jnaani has praarabda karma or not. His BMI has to go through the praarabda karma but he does not since he is Brahman!

Hari Om!
Sadananda