[Advaita-l] avidya is Agantuka

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jan 13 09:40:39 CST 2016

Dear Sri Venkataraghvan,
You write : "That was what I was trying to say in shorthand - but the important thing
was to establish that आवरण was very much present in the waking state."  You want to establish that AvaraNa was very much present in the waking state.What is that AvaraNa?How do you know that there is AvaraNa in your waking state? Who has seen it? Or is it a concept which has been told in an ancient text ? Has one accepted that concept blindly without verification in his own anuBava?  These doubts crossed my mind while I was going through the above passage of yours.
With warm and respectful regards,Sreenivasa Murthy