[Advaita-l] Teachings on the Vijaya Yatra - Chant the Divine Name

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 11:53:39 CST 2016

 (Around the beginning of the month, a nugget of Wisdom from the Jagadguru may be posted
on the Chaturamnaya list : http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/chaturamnaya )

http://vijayayatra.sringeri.net/ernakulam-april-11-2012/

Ernakulam: APRIL 11-12, 2012

Chant the Divine Name

Starting from Kalady on 11th March evening, Jagadguru Shankaracharya Sri Sri Bharati Tirtha Mahaswamiji
graced the Kinattinkara Grama Samooham Madom and was received by devotees. In His Anugraha Bhashanam,
the Jagadguru said that we have to follow the path shown to us by Sri Adi Shankaracharya. God and Guru.
It is the Lord alone who removes our suffering while the Guru shows us the right path. The Lord is
self-sufficient and is beyond needs. So it is only for our own good that we approach the Lord,
worship Him or even remember Him.

Man essentially commits two kinds of sins. He does not do what he has to do, and does what he should
abstain from.  यत्कृत्यं तन्न कृतं यदकृत्यं तत्कृत्यवदाचरितम् ।
 उभयोः प्रायश्चित्तं शिव तव नामाक्षरद्वयोच्चरितम् ॥

Chanting the names of the Lord are a sure means to absolve oneself of both these types of sins.
The Jagadguru also pointed out that Sri Adi Shankaracharya has advocated that one must do their duty properly,
shun ego and be in the company of Satpurushas.

The Jagadguru mentioned that it has been a practice that whenever the Sringeri Jagadgurus are in Kalady,
they have graced Ernakulam to bless the devotees.

On the afternoon of the next day, April 12th, the Jagadguru graced the Ernakulam Grama Jana Samooham,
and also visited the temples of Anjaneya, Shiva and Subrahmanya en route to Kochi.